Thursday 27 February 2014

isle of harris


cirrus cloud over the north harris hills from the beach at losgaitir


I spent a few days on the Outer Hebrides, a chain of islands off the north west coast of Scotland, during June 2012. I just thought, through the medium of a few photographs, taken by my own fair hand (well camera), I could let you see some June images of this lovely spot. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a few holiday snaps:

northern marsh orchid


blue roofed bothy at losgaitir


 beachcombing at losgaitir
depth of blue

harris tweed maker

primrose cluster


sun heads for new zealand via taransay


That will do for now. Trust me, just get yourself to the Outer Hebrides it's better than these few holiday snaps. 

On another front, just thought it would be nice to bring a little beauty into your life to take your mind off cheating bankers and all the other dire news that abounds, most of it based on pure greed coupled with complete, 'I am untouchable' arrogance.

Enjoy the honest photographs, nothing on any of the images is trying to screw you. Although I would check out the ram, have you noticed the way it looks at you.


raw material for harris tweed

No comments:

Post a Comment