Tuesday 3 June 2014

interesting start to 100 metres sprint

blue bell


I meandered up Dun da Ghoaithe on Mull today. It is a Corbett and sadly I am reduced to ticking the Corbett book. Weather was reasonable if a bit clagged in on the summits. I even had time to take a couple of snaps, included in this bit of nonsense. Nothing too fancy. Whatever, I enjoyed my day and considering this was my first mountain in a few months, I was going well. Bonus of the day, apart that is from the giggle I had on my way home, was the woolly hat I found on the hill.

As I said, I did have a good day. Scotland's mountains are like that. So many prizes if a wee bit effort is put in.

Later, when driving home and listening to the Olympics on the car radio I realised that, whilst I had enjoyed my day, it was nothing compared to the enjoyment some others were experiencing.

The radio commentator announced that a heat of the women's 100 metre sprint was just about to start and that all the runners were going down on their blokes. I'm sure that's what he said.

I nearly drove my car off the road.

I will never see that race the same again.

cargo ship between mull and knoydart


Maybe I am spending too long alone in the hills?

No comments:

Post a Comment